Why You’re Not Losing Weight
“I don’t understand why I am not losing weight, I eat pretty good…I think my metabolism is shot.”
Chances are it’s not your metabolism, it’s all the extra calories you are taking in and not counting.
1. A measured tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories. I know you only drizzle it but, your drizzle is probably 4 tablespoons.
2. A few bites, or just the crust. If you are actively trying to lose weight an extra hundred calories a day can put you over the edge in the long-term.
3. Alcohol- it’s not water. Beer, wine, and liquor all have calories. After a few drinks chances are your inhibitions go down and some burgers and fries might go down as well.
4. More bad news did you know that those handfuls of cereal and pretzels and goldfish you grab while you’re cooking? Well those have calories too.
5. That dessert you split… Just because you split it doesn’t mean it didn’t have calories. If a Hershey kiss and a munchkin have calories so did that creme brulee.
6. Restaurants- restaurant food has a lot of hidden calories. Why do you think the food tastes so good? It’s called butter and oil.
7. Serving sizes- if you want to know if the devil is alive try measuring a tablespoon of hummus or peanut butter.
8. Coffee – what we’re putting into our coffee counts.
9. The binge restrict cycle- this is a pattern of eating too little for several days after having overeating for several days. An example would be feeling guilty on a Sunday night and vowing that you are going on a strict diet starting Monday and then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday you eat very little. You know, no carbs, no sugar lots of water and then by Thursday you are frustrated because the scale hasn’t gone down yet so there’s nothing left to do but eat 1 or 10 cookies. And then Friday comes the weekend and there’s no point in dieting on the weekend and you already blew this week so you might as well eat everything you want until Monday. On Monday you vow to start your diet again the cycle repeats.
Were you able to find any of these hidden calories in your daily diet? Take those calories and multiply them by 7. You just found the hidden calories in your diet.
#macronutrients #personaltraining #cornwallfitness #JessikaRamie #eatingtoloseweight #weightloss #groupfitness #fyte #fitness #eatinghealthy #fyteclub